With a view to augment transport service as also make it eco friendly, the Government of Karnataka propose to introduce "The City Taxi Service Scheme 1998".
1. SHORT TITLE, COMMENCEMENT AND APPLICATION
- This Scheme may be called City Taxi Service Scheme, 1998.
- It shall come into force on the date of publication in the official gazette.
- It shall apply to all motor cabs to which contract carriage permits have been issued under Section 74 of the Act.
In this section unless the context, it requires:
- "Act" means Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (Central Act 5 9 of 1988).
- "Form" means a Form appended to this scheme.
- "Permit" means a permit granted to a motor cab under City Taxi Service Scheme 1998.
- "Licensing Authority" means the Regional Transport Authority constituted under Sub- Section (1) of Section 68 of the Act.
- Operator" means the owner of one or more motor cab either owned or leased over to him who is part of a wireless network registered under this scheme.
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS TO BE OBSERVED BY THE OPERATOR
The Operator Shall
- Not shift the principal place of business without prior intimation in writing to the concerned Regional Transport Authority which granted the permit.
- Display the permit issued in original at a prominent place in the vehicle.
- Motor Cab (City Taxi) services shall be available throughout day and night (24 hours service).
- "Each Motor Cab (City Taxi) shall be connected with Radio Telephone/GPRS/GPS/with company / Companies operational control Room./The Control Room will have the facility to monitor the movement of motor cabs (City Taxi)".
- The Motor Cabs (City Taxi) shall operate within 25 Km. radius from the limits of City Corporation.
- The Motor Cabs (City Taxi) stand shall be located at Air-port, Railway Station, Bus Stand etc., and be determined by the empowered authorities.
- The Motor Cab (City Taxi) shall be fitted with electronic digital meter.
- The seating capacity of the Motor Cab (City Taxi shall not exceed (4 + 1).
- "A sign Board in yellow color visible from both front and back of the vehicle, with words "CITY TAXI" in capital letters, shall be displayed on the front top of the vehicle".
- No Contract Carriage Motor Cab (City Taxi) permits shall be granted to vehicle, which is more than one year old and shall be deemed to be invalid after the completion of 6 years at any point of time.
- Where a vehicle covered by permit is proposed to be replaced by another vehicle, the later vehicle shall not be more than one year old on the date of such replacement.
- There shall be an arrangement to book the Motor Cab (Taxi) in advance.
Following persons are eligible for Registration.
- He should be holder of permit granted by Regional Transport Authority for running Motor Cab (City Taxi).
- Every person who is a permit holder an wishes to be an operator under this scheme shall intimate the Regional Transport Authority, who has issued his permit about the starting of his business under this scheme, in the prescribed Form-I.
- The Concerned Regional Transport Authority who receives such intimation shall acknowledge in the Form-II prescribed for the applicant within 15 days.
5. ARRANGEMENT OF PROVIDING SERVICE TO THE COMMUTERS
- There shall be a control room to receive phone calls from the interested commuters.
- All (City Taxi) Motor Cabs, shall have a communication system linked to the Control Room.
- The Motor Cab (Taxi) should approach the person when contacted without any delay.
- The Motor Cab (Taxi) should be available all day and night
6. DRIVERS UNIFORM
- White pant and white half shirt.
- White Cap with Black stripes.
- Black Belt.
- Black shoes and white socks.
- Qualification of a driver
- He must have a driving licence and badge authorizing him to drive Motor Cab (taxi).
- He must have minimum of 2 years experience in driving a light motor vehicle.
- He must have the working knowledge of Kannada and preferably English.
- He shall be fully conversant with the duties specified in Rule 13 and 16 of the KMV Rules, 1989.
- He should be a resident of Karnataka for a period of at Least ten years.
- He should passes minimum educational qualification of "8th Standard".
7. AREA OF OPERATION
The "City Taxi (Motor Cab)" shall operate within 25 Kms from the radius of limits of City Corporation.
8. COLLECTION OF HIRE CHARGES
The Driver in charge of the cab shall collect hire/rent charges as per the meter. The fare shall not exceed the limit specified by the Government from time to time.